Friday, December 26, 2008

Silence

Pastor Mark Driscoll blogs on the value of silence...
It was a very normal day until I realized that I was actively destroying my own soul....

As I drifted off to sleep, it dawned on me that I had not had one minute of silence during my entire day. It was possible, I realized, that I could live the rest of my life without ever again experiencing silence.

In that moment, God deeply convicted me that I was addicted to the false trinity of our day, the gods known as Noise, Hurry, and Crowds. I remembered the words of missionary martyr Jim Elliot, who said, “I think the devil has made it his business to monopolize on three elements: noise, hurry, crowds . . . Satan is quite aware of the power of silence.”
Read the article here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good article. Indeed silence is sorely needed in our generation.

Francisco

rich said...

Is this post supposed to excuse your lack of posting on your blog over the last few days? (Just kidding, I know you're out of the country)