Saturday, July 26, 2008

"I felt compelled to get on my knees and worship him...."

The Wall Street Journal has an article on Louisiana's governor entitled, "Rebel With a Cause: Bobby Jindal's Spiritual Journey." Jindal has been mentioned as a possible VP candidate for John McCain.

The article reports Jindal's journey from Hinduism to Christianity. A crucial defining point came for him while he was watching a black and white video about the Passion shown during the intermission of an Easter production on the campus of LSU.

"I don't know why I was struck so hard at that moment," said Mr. Jindal. "There was nothing fascinating about this particular video. . . . But watching this depiction of an actor playing Jesus on the cross, it just hit me, harder than I'd ever been hit before," he said. "If that was really the son of God, and he really died for me, then I felt compelled to get on my knees and worship him."

This is a great example of why we say that the Lord Jesus Christ is either of utmost importance or of no importance. What He can't be is of some importance.

[HT]

No comments: