Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Trying patiently to go at His pace....

Good words from Piper...just what I needed today:
"Impatience is a form of unbelief.  It's what we begin to feel when we start to doubt the wisdom of God's timing or the goodness of God's guidance.  It springs up in our hearts when our plan is interrupted or shattered.  It may be prompted by a long wait in a checkout line or a sudden blow that knocks out half our dreams.  The opposite of impatience is not a glib denial of loss.  It's a deepening, ripening, peaceful willingness to wait for God in the unplanned place of obedience--to wait in his place, and go at his pace."
Future Grace, 171.

4 comments:

celiselott said...

Wow, thanks for posting this John, I definitely needed this today as well. I just found out that the church I'm working at is not going to extend my year like I hoped and that I'll be out of a job in August. Shoulda gone to Canada with y'all! Just kidding. Hope things are well up there! Keeping your family in my prayers!

Dad F. said...

Guilty.

John said...

Hey Courtney,

I'm sorry to hear about situation with your church. We'd love to have you a part of what we are doing here, but we're still gathering momentum. Plus, you'd have to adjust to snow. We just got hit by a foot of snow last night and more expected to day. Unbelievable. Makes us miss TX something awful!

John

celiselott said...

Haha! Little cold there, huh?